Sunday 31 July 2016

Iphone Photography

For the past couple of weeks I have been obsessing about Iphone photography. I think Iphone can take pretty awesome photos if only the user (in this case it is me) is able to make full use of its camera function. So I have been doing a lot of online research on how to capture great Iphone photos.  I stumbled upon this website http://iphonephotographyschool.com which gives a lot of tips and tricks on how to take great photos with Iphones. I followed a dozen of Instagramers who post very nice photos and those photos are taken with an Iphone. One of my favorite is @irinahp who is a Spanish teacher based in Austria. I also watched a lot of youtubes videos and try to remember the tips and tricks that they give.

So yesterday while doing the dishes, I saw this red areca nuts lying around on the green grass. I remember Emil (the guy from Iphone Photography School) saying that we don't necessaryly have to travel to nice places to take good photos) So I thought this would make a pretty photo. So I grabbed my Iphone and went outside. I am using Iphone 6s by the way. Took several photos while keeping in mind the tips and tricks that I have learned.

iphone photo

The 1st tip that I remember is the rule of third. Always put the subject of a photo at the 1/3 -2/3 point rather than in the middle of the frame. I get this 1/3 thing by using a grid on my Iphone camera apps. I went to the setting and turned on the grid function. 


iphone photo

In this photo, my subject is the most front areca nut. So you see that it is lying at the 1/3 right of the photo. 

The second tip that I remember them saying is to tap the screen to focus at an object or the subject of our photo. So I tapped on the areca nut closest to my phone hence as you can see, the focus on that particular nut is very clear and the background is blurry. 


iphone photo

Here is another one. In this photo my focus is on the nut which is in the middle. So the background becomes a bit blur and the particular nut is bright and you can see the light (or the sun, I have no idea)  reflection on it.


iphone photo

This is my favorite shot. Here I tried to apply another tip that I could remember, adjusting the exposure. I remember someone on youtube or maybe Emil again, saying that we should underexposed slightly because the exposure can be corrected later during editing but an overexposed shot is pretty difficult to be corrected. 

Here's the same photo I have edited in Snapseed. All the other photos above are not edited. 


iphone photo

I added brightness, saturation and a bit of warmth because I always fancy bright and warm photos. 

I am a newbie to Iphone photography. I enjoy this very much and I hope one day I can take beautiful pictures that people will adore. 





No comments:

Post a Comment