Saturday 16 July 2016

Cordoba, Andalusia

Just now as I was flipping through the TV channel I stumbled upon this drama, 99 Cahaya di Langit Eropa. It is an Indonesia drama series starring Acha Septriasa and was released in Indonesia in 2013. The drama is about an Indonesian journalist, Hanum Salsabiela who follows her husband to study in Vienna, Austria.

In that episode that I was watching, they went to Cordoba and visited Mezquita of Cordoba (the great mosque-cathedral of Cordoba). The history and architecture of Mezquita intrigues me to google on Cordoba straight away.

Mezquita of Cordoba
a photo of Mezquita of Cordoba that I found in Google

Cordoba, Andalusia is a city located in the southern of Spain. UNESCO has listed Cordoba as one of the world heritage site. Most of the city attraction lies on the architecture of the ancient buildings and the history behind it.  There is also the famous arabic bath and beautiful gardens.

I think it would be sweet and romantic to tour the city with @Butang. So as most people planning a trip, I straight away google "how to go to Cordoba".

It seems like there is no direct flight from Malaysia to Cordoba. I searched for flight through Trip Advisor, my trusted source for planning a trip.

Flight ticket

From Pinterest, I found out that the best time to book a flight is 6 weeks before departure date. So I searched for a flight on my birthday in September. It cost about RM3400 per person for a return flight with 2 transits each way.

Next, hotel booking. I always booked with either Booking.com or Agoda.com. These 2 websites are my favorite and the reviews of the hotels can be trusted.

The cheapest accommodation of course would be a hostel, rather than a hotel. I found Hostel La Corredera which has good review and offers one of the affordable price. The twin/double room cost RM147/night on Booking.com and RM135/night on Agoda.com.

Hostel La Corredera


The rooms look comfortable and most importantly, reviews say they are clean.

As for now, for flight tickets and accomodation : RM3400x2 + RM810 = RM7610.

I also need to allocate money for food, tips, admission fees to all the attraction, bus/taxi/train fares, travel insurance and some money for emergency. How much should I allocate for all those?

Exchange rate
Currency exchange rate as of today
In google I found this website www.youngadventuress.com which has listed the estimated budget for meals and transport in Cordoba.

www.youngadventuress.com

Rough calculation reveals around 600 euro for 2 person for 1 week. This is for food, transport and admission fees. To be safe, I would allocate about 1000 euro which comes to RM4400. 

So total budget will be around : RM7610 + RM4400 = RM12 010

RM12k is a lot of money. But hey, a dream is a dream right. 

The distance between your dreams and reality is called action

@Butang, lets start saving money and make this dream a reality.









SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment