Sunday 3 July 2016

Orange cupcake

I have always been a fan of orange bakes, let it be cupcakes, cakes or muffins. They taste great especially when paired with chocolates.

Yesterday I tried this recipe I found on taste.com.au. The recipes calls for a cupcake with a topping but i skipped the topping because in my house we prefer a simple plain cake.


It is the fasting month, so I didn't get to savour the cake hot from the oven. I ate them after breaking fast and I am so happy with the result. To me it looks more like a muffin, with the dome cracked top. But the taste is simply amazing. The orange taste is just perfect. I gave a piece to everyone in the family. They all loved it. Even daddy complimented the cupcake although he is not a cake person actually. 

I am going to put the recipe here so that I can find it easily the next time I want to bake it. 


The ingredients.

The ingredients:
2 cups of self raising flour
3/4 cup of castor sugar
125g of butter - melted
1/4 cup of milk
2 medium size eggs - beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
the zest from 2 oranges
1/2 cup of orange juice

The steps:



Mixed together the flour and castor sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre



Pour in the butter, milk, vanilla essence, eggs, orange zest and orange juice  into the well


Mixed them all together using a metal spoon (the recipe calls for a metal spoon, I have no idea why).
I flipped the batter the way I flip when I am making a cake. I want the texture to be fluffy)

Spoon them into muffin tins that have been lined with paper cups. I filled them about 3/4 full.

Bake in the oven at 180'celcius for 30 mins.
Test with a skewer to make sure they are perfectly baked.
The recipe yields 17 medium size cupcakes


The full actual recipe can be found here :
Orange Cupcakes Recipe http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7679/orange+cupcakes

Have fun baking! Let me know what do you think once you have try this.


No comments:

Post a Comment