Thursday 7 July 2016

Selamat Hari Raya!

Happy Eid Mubarak everyone!

I would like to take this opportunity to ask for forgiveness for every wrong doings.
Wishing everyone a happy hari raya and please stay safe on the road during your journey to everywhere. Traffic is crazy during this festive season.

Family Photo

Our theme color this year is blue. Mom didn't exactly said what kind of blue. Mine turned up to be totally off the theme color. Lol.

Started off the day with going for sembahyang sunat aidil fitri at the nearby mosque. The mosque was crowded. Glad to see a lot of people there all in their baju raya with songkok and telekung. Listening to the takbir raya brought up the melancholy thought that Ramadhan has passed.

Selfies with my sisters in our telekung before heading off for sembahyang raya
After sembahyang raya, we dolled up nice and pretty. 5 ladies getting ready took a lot of time and involved a lot of laugh and shouts as well. 

Then it was time for salam-salam and asking for forgiveness followed by giving the duit raya (angpau). 


                    




Part of the 1st Syawal routine is going to Batu 1 to visit my uncle. Wo (my grandmother) used to live there before moving to Kuala Lumpur. When she was still there, raya was much more fun. All my relatives will go balik kampung to Batu 1. We have a very large extended family. So when everyone came back for raya, I used to think the house could topple down. Nevertheless, it was so much fun. We would play firecrackers, fireworks, baked cakes, fought for pillows, roamed around the big house at way passed midnight looking for a spot to squeeze ourself and get a few hours of sleep. But now, only papa (my uncle) lives there. His children and grandchildren came back for raya. We ate some raya delights then began our photoshoot session. It is a kampung house hence we get a nice pretty background for our photos. 

Imran and Hana
My cousin, more to a sister, Kak CM
My cousin, Erna
Papa and my family together 

After visiting Batu 1, next routine is for lunch at Secret Recipe. This tradition started a few years back when 1st Syawal fell in early August, around Ana's birthday. We went to Secret Recipe to celebrate her birthday and since then, it has became a tradition in my family. 



This year's raya is no different from any other before this. But the time spent with my family is priceless.

I hope everyone has a great raya celebration. 

Happy eid mubarak!

No comments:

Post a Comment