Monday 18 July 2016

McDonald

I just got home after working for 30 hours. I am tired and hungry. I could barely open my eyes. I had managed to sleep for only 2 hours last night. It was a busy on-call. 

I am a doctor who works in one of the busiest government hospital. As most doctors, I can't escape going on call (I clock in at 8am today and finish work about 24-30 hours later). On lucky days, I get to have a few hours of decent sleep. On the bad days, I just work through the hours, non stop. Work is tough, but I have to work to get money to pay the bills right.

Back to the current moment, I am writing this blog entry while having my lunch. 


Why McDonald? Because it is so convenient to get a fast and fulfilling meal from McDonald. They are everywhere. In Ipoh itself, there are about 5 McDonald outlets. And when I am tired, sleepy and hungry, I want a meal that can be ready in an instant, with an affordable price without compromising on the quality or taste. I am coffee person and I am constantly hunting for good coffee with a reasonable price. I found that Mc Cafe offers such coffee to my liking. Hence McDonald has became my go-to food place every time I feel like I don't want to make much effort to find food to eat. 

Once I have a patient who said "kenapa makan McDonald tu..haram". I wish I could explain to him my reasoning. I should have told him how lucky he is to have a wife who cooks for him daily and he should be thankful for always having food on the table at home.

I am going to get some sleep now.  Hidayah, Thiru and I are planning to bake a cheese cake later this evening. I am so excited about it. Yeay!



No comments:

Post a Comment