Friday 29 July 2016

Surviving Long Distance Relationship

surviving long distance relationship

Have you ever been in a long distance relationship? 

I am in such relationship just now so I thought I'd share my experience and maybe you can share yours with me too. 

I'd summarise it in 1 word. Beautiful. 

It is definitely not easy but with a lot of effort, it is possible. My long distance relationship with my boyfriend @Butang is only a year long but I guess I can share a thing or two on how we keep our love story going strong. 

wani and @butang


The first tip : Trust

Being so far from each other, there will be days that I doubt him and he doubts me too. Sometimes I wonder what does he do behind my back, is he seeing someone else there or doesn't he miss me as much as I miss him? The questions, or I should say the doubts drive me crazy. I know that if I keep dwelling on this, I won't be happy and this will be the cause for unreasonable fights between us. Hence one good day I decided that I am going to trust him and his words. This is a decision that I vowed I will never go against anymore. So every time the evil thought begins to creep in, I brush it off immediately. With practice, it gets easier to keep the good thought. 

The second tip : Effort

Another downfall of being so far is we can't meet as often as we like and there is a limit to what we can do to please each other. To overcome this and to keep the love sparkling, we contact each other a lot. Thank you to technologies, we are able to text, talk and video chat almost every day. It does not have to be a lengthy conversation, sometimes just a few words but it reminds us that we are on each other's mind. When we have time and flight ticket is cheap, we pay a visit to one another. The few days spend together are priceless and the memories we made are worth to treasure. 

The third tip : Little surprises

I like to send him parcels of the things that he loves from time to time. I didn't tell him earlier so that he would be surprise and excited when he receives them. It is like getting presents for no reason. 

Recently, @Butang made a sweet treat for me, it was his mother's recipe. He sent  it to me, along with a love note. Oh how I smiled from ear to ear when I received that. Both giving and receiving presents  do wonders for the heart, make us happy. 

candos


The 4th tip : Communication

We talk a lot on how we feel, especially when we are not happy with something. This is something that we have agreed upon at the beginning of our relationship. When we have doubt, when we feel not at ease, we talk it out. Of course it always starts with one of us pulling that long face, but we always settle it there and then. So far things never drag more than a day, mainly because @Butang is the kind that cannot accept unsettle issues. I must thank him for this. I read a lot on how couples split due to misunderstanding. @Butang and I, we both do not want to add on to that statistic. 

This is how I am surviving a long distance relationship. To all couples who are rocking the same boat as mine, lets make this work!




1 comment:

  1. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks.
    First relationship

    ReplyDelete