Saturday 18 May 2019

Pregnant at 38 weeks

I am 38 weeks 1 day pregnant today. 

2 more weeks to go. I really hope Little L will be delivered on 1st June 2019. 




Mummy can't wait to see you Little L.

Third trimester, especially after the 36 weeks has been challenging for me.

I flew back from Sabah just a few days before I entered 36 weeks because of airline rule that only allows expecting mothers to fly latest by 36 weeks POA. Azhar sent me back to my Mom's house and then he left me here all alone. I miss him badly. I have gotten used to being pampered by him that when he is not around, things just don't feel right.

My pregnancy has been a breeze until at 36 weeks POA where I started to have right lower back pain. It is painful when I walk or move my right lower limb. There were days when the pain was so unbearable, I cried. Initiating steps after sitting or when I get out of bed every morning is when the pain is at its worst.

I think the pain originates from the sacroiliac joint. I must have injured a ligament or something. It is a common thing in pregnancy, due to hormones relaxin which causes all ligaments to become lax.

I told my ANC doctors and nurses but they seem not to bother much about it. They only told me to take PCM if needed.

https://www.coreconcepts.com.sg/article/posterior-pelvic-pain-sacroiliac-joint-pain-in-pregnant-women/
I have all the symptoms described above. Hope the pain will go away after delivery.

Apart from the back pain, I also have some sort of insomnia. It is so hard to fall asleep at night, despite defusing lavender and gentle baby essential oils in my room. Partly because I cannot find a comfortable position to sleep. The heartburn and reflux don't make sleeping any easier either.

I know all pregnant ladies experience these symptoms especially in late third trimester. I am not complaining. I am actually thankful that God has given me the chance to conceive and insyaAllah I'll be a mother very soon. Writing it all here so that in future, I can recall what pregnancy feels like.

I will definitely miss being pregnant, feeling the baby move inside my tummy, as if talking to me and telling me stories. I love that the most  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment