Saturday 3 December 2016

what is in your travel bag?

2016 almost came to an end. It is December. Oh how time flies.

I travelled quite a lot this year. Mostly to Kota Kinabalu, went there 3 times this year.

January - AOW course in Kota Kinabalu
March - Kuantan for Syazni's wedding and Diving in Tenggol Island
May - Solo trip to Kota Kinabalu
July - Mentakab for a week of hari raya holiday
September - Bubble of Hope in Tioman Island
October - @Butang trip here so we went to Penang, Cameron Highlands and Kuala Lumpur
November - Kota Kinabalu for Corie's (Hidayah's friend) wedding
December - Adan's wedding in Port Dickson and Penang for latte art class

In between those, I went to Penang a few times but I can't really remember the date. I also travelled back to my home town in Mentakab, Pahang every now and then.

One thing I learn from all those travelling is that it is very convenient to have a handbag/a small tote/backpack that I can carry around daily that contains all my essentials. Currently I am in love with sling bags and backpacks so I use that most of the time.



This is my favorite bag at the moment, small anello sling back in wine red. Despite the small size, I can actually put a lot of things inside. It also has a small handle and the long strap is detachable. 

The photos of my bag with the cats were taken during my recent trip to Kota Kinabalu. I visited a cat cafe "The Purrfect Place" in Inanam. For some reason that I couldn't figure out, the cats loved my bag.

I often wonder what people carry around in their bag when they go travel. I read a lot of blogs to find out and to get some ideas that may be useful for me. 

So here are the things in my carry-around-everyday bag : 


1. Small purse - Perfect for my small sling bag

2. Hand sanitizer - An australian brand. organic hand sanitizer that smells good and not drying for the skin

3. Young essential peppermint essential oil - Good for headache, neck pain, nausea, dizziness

4. Sephora mineral powder in compact - Light coverage. I use it for touch up also

5. Lipstick - This one is from Etude House, a korean brand. I like the packaging because it is pink and cute

6. Pocket tissue

7. Wet wipes - Very useful for wiping hands, table top, a dirty bench ect

8. Earphones - Long flight or bus trip gets pretty boring and sometimes they are rude people who talk loudly as if they own the place. So i stuff this earphones on and entertain myself with music

9. Pen - Always handy to have one. Sometimes I need to fill up a form/card prior to custom check at an airport 

10. Handphone - This is the most important thing in my bag (after my purse). Everything is in here - flights booking, tickets, hotel reservation number, important contact number, trip itinerary and everything else that will get me crippled without them. This is also my source of entertainment

11. Hand lotion - I have very dry hands maybe because I wash/sanitise them frequently. So this one from Watson, mango and papaya hand cream smells great and moisturise well.

12. Sunglasses - Malaysia is a hot country and the sun shines brightly everyday, this is a must

13. Power bank and charging cable - I keep my cable in an old sunglasses casing to prevent it from bending or get tangled up in the bag

Now it is rainy season in Malaysia, so I have included a small folded umbrella into my bag as well. 

What do you all carry around when you go travel? I would love to know.









No comments:

Post a Comment