Wednesday 10 August 2016

Anniversary

10th August. It will forever be and important date.

A year ago on this day, Thiru, Hidayah and I began our open water scuba diving course in Dive Downbelow, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

And today is also the day when I first met my current boyfriend @Butang.

How time flies.


You know how Facebook has this memories thing pops up on the home screen each time we open the apps. Today this came up. Saw this in the morning while running my routine elective operation. I straight away texted Thiru and Hidayah and we started reminiscing about this day a year ago. We got so emotional talking about it, I had tears in my eyes. 

From colleagues, we became dive buddies then travel buddies, eating buddies and running buddies. I have grown to love this 2 ladies so much. We have been to quite a few places together and we have plans for more places in future. 

A year ago when we decided to learn scuba diving, little that we knew that it was going to be so hard. We thought it would just be a fun activity to try but it turned out to be a serious and tough course after all. We almost gave up but thanks to our instructor (who has turned into my boyfriend *wink* )we made it through. He was so patient and really did his best to help us out. Thank you Sayang!

I still remember, wanting to pee but refuse to pee in the water although I was not wearing a wetsuit then. We were doing confined skills, the water was shallow enough for me to be able to stand up, remove the BCD and the weight and ran to the toilet. I blamed my morning coffee for that. And to make things even more funny, after me it was Thiru's turn to run to the toilet. LOL. Oh boy, @Butang sure had to deal with a lot of our nonsense back then. 


The day we were certified as open water divers

Another thing from our first trip together that I could recall was when Thiru played her violin in the living room of our hotel. She wanted to let Hidayah and I listen to the song. But Hidayah went to bed and sleep right when Thiru started to play. She had totally no idea that Thiru wanted her to listen and Thiru said "oh I must have played it so badly that Hidayah straight away went to bed". LOL. 

We celebrated Hidayah's birthday during that trip as well. We went for dinner at an Italian restaurant but we were so tired from the diving lesson that we couldn't eat at all. I couldn't find the photo where we all looked like we were going to fall asleep there and then at the restaurant. 

Thank you ladies for putting so much smiles and colours in my life. Lets cherish this friendship and make it last. 

We have decided that each year we are going to have an anniversary dive trip. So this year, we will be joining a dive event in conjunction with Malaysia Day - Bubbles of Hope. We will be diving at Pulau Tioman. The event organizer, PV Dive joins hands with an NGO 'Small Changes' to organize this charity dive where the profits will be used to provide educations for unfortunate children. 

I can't wait for the trip. I need my vitamin SEA!



No comments:

Post a Comment